Amanda is a Director and Solicitor at Kenneth Bush. Amanda has over 14 years’ experience as a practicing solicitor covering all aspects of Family Law, but specialises in resolving financial disputes arising from relationship breakdown. This means that Amanda can assist clients with a wide variety of matters, including the following:
- Divorce and Marriage Annulment
- Dissolution of Civil Partnerships and Cohabitee Property Disputes
- Separation Agreements and Cohabitee Agreements
- Spousal Maintenance and Child Maintenance
- Pension Sharing, Offsetting or Earmarking
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Enforcing Court Orders and serving legal papers following difficulties
- Seeking the transfer of ownership of property or transfer of a tenancy
- Checking jurisdiction over Foreign Assets or Foreign Property
- The impact of Personal Bankruptcy
- Financial Orders in respect of children
- Family Trusts, Tax Implications and Inheritance Claims following divorce
- Domestic Violence and applications for related court injunctions
- Child Arrangement Orders
- Change of Name Deeds and Declarations of Single Status
Amanda joined Kenneth Bush in January 2006 after having completed her initial training contract with a firm of solicitors in Norwich, and successfully passing all of her exams to become a fully qualified solicitor in June 2001. She is also an accredited member of the Law Society Advanced Family Law Panel.
She has a strong financial background, having previously worked with the Contributions Agency in debt recovery, and with Leicester City Council as a Senior Investigations Officer uncovering fraud and financial irregularities. This means that together with her legal expertise, Amanda can utilise her skills in auditing and accounting for the benefit of her clients at Kenneth Bush.
Indeed Amanda is adept at handling complex cases where a great deal of auditing is required, and she can help to resolve financial disputes between parties where there are multiple homes, business properties, pensions, and assets to consider, held in the UK or abroad. As a result, she is often asked to represent high net worth individuals, as well as business owners or clients who are in partnerships.
When not in the office, Amanda can often be found at court. She has excellent negotiation and advocacy skills, and has undertaken work before Magistrates in the Family Proceedings Court, District Judges in the County Court, and also at the High Court of Justice in London. She likes to take full responsibility for cases from start to finish wherever possible, and is focused on providing excellent client care, exceeding client expectations, and giving firm, frank and honest advice that clients can trust.
You can contact Amanda by email, or by calling 01553 692737 (Office Reception).